Tuesday 28 January 2014

Length Check 2

I was so excited about my length check shirt that I decided to do a length check on Sunday...(started writing this post 2 days ago). I had begun my prepoo on Friday and washed my hair on Saturday. I applied Vitale Mayonnaise before applying my oil mix and left it in overnight.

vitale deep conditioning

My hair felt soft and silky smooth afterwards. Though Vitale mayonnaise has protein in it, it really makes my hair soft and smooth after rinsing it out. I scolded myself a bit for having left it to the background for a while. It is one of the products I will definitely buy again. I did a tea rinse infused with rosemary for the first time. I forgot to strain the solution and by the time I was done, my bathroom drain was clogged. Thank goodness I placed a drain cover on it some months ago after it got totally clogged with hair some months ago. I simply removed the cover and emptied it of the hair and rosemary leaves...... I'd try to remember to strain it next time.

faux bob hairstyle

I did a faux bun style for church and couldn't wait to let my hair down to see how much progress I have made since my trims. I am currently 10 weeks post relaxer aiming for 12-16 weeks though I may relax any day from now if I think I would be better off relaxing than waiting.


Ghanaian hair blogger

I am still struggling with mid-section tangles. I am trying to figure out if it is to be blamed totally on the texlaxed middle. It tangles again within hours of detangling so I am still just wearing my wigs so I do not need to comb except on wash days!! When I apply creme of nature argan oil leave in and hawaiian silky  14-in-1 moisturiser, I detangle more easily but within hours, if left loose, it tangles again. I just don't know what to do!! Maybe my hair just wants to stay in protective styles.

armpit length relaxed hair

armpit length relaxed hair

I love my progress so far. My ends are not as thin as before and I may be able to get away without trimming too much if I do well to keep the ends well protected and reduce breakage to the barest minimum. I still see that see-through 2 inches or so but it doesn't look as terrible as before. Probably means my hair is really growing faster and the shorter healthier ones are getting closer to the longer ones. I do like the threaded hair underneath my wig and I do wash, moisturise and seal anyways in it so all things being equal, I hope to get through the next 2 weeks at least without the challenge of detangling everyday.

I have also decided to do the green house effect overnight every other day this week and I will skip my mid-week wash and see how my hair reacts. I will only wash my hair again at the end of the week. I hope my hair doesn't disapprove.


How do you protect your ends from breaking off?

Cheers,
Star.

7 comments:

  1. I've been apply a protein leave in only to my ends and seal with a hair butter. Your hair is growing nicely chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see myself ever getting here....I'm so happy I came across hair blogs like yours! I keep dreaming on....

      Delete
  2. Nice progress! Lately, I've been using grape seed oil on my ends. I think the ceramides help prevent issues with my ends. My ends have improved since I started using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love grapeseed oil on my ends too but it's hard to find in Ghana so I use it only on special hair days.

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait till my hair is as long as yours. I am so jealous right now.

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will surely get here....faster than you ever imagined!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the progress of your hair! However, make sure you don't forget placing the filter on your drainage since hair is one of the most common cause of clog. Not only is it sturdy, but also hard to dissolve in huge amounts. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Monica Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...