Friday 12 September 2014

New Protective Style: Full Head Weave

So what's been up with my hair? It's all tucked away...*feeling pleased with myself*. I am almost 3 weeks post relaxer. I relaxed at 4 weeks post...more like a corrective relaxer because my roots reverted so much I just didn't know what to do anymore. I will give details in my next post. 

Right after the meetup, I decided it was time to try out the Dark and Lovely Braids and Weaves SOS Hairline range of products I got from their office for free 2 weeks ago, to use and review. I fell completely in love with the packaging of the products especially the roots applicator bottles in which most of them came in. They gave me two each of the products pictured below. I really couldn't wait to use these as I liked the ingredients in the list...at least those I know. 


dark and lovely braids and weavesDark and Lovely Braids and Weaves SOS Hairline

My regular hairdresser had travelled so I got this weave with a new one, but I liked her too because she was so gentle with the braids. She didn't pull tight at all and I even braided my edges...as there is a product that promises your edges will stay intact even if you weave it. 


protective styles weaves


I asked how she was going to braid and sew the tracks so I could have access to my scalp. She proposed the circular way. She added extensions to only the first 5 rows. From the 5th to the crown, she didn't add any as she said it wasn't necessary. In fact, I dozed off along the way...first time ever....and she was almost done by the time I woke. After taking this shot, I realised and then discussed how difficult it would be for me to access my scalp if the weave was sewn in a U-part way as shown below as the front part was sewn across the cornrows. However, it was quite late and I was too tired to have it done all over again. We agreed that next time, the part in front should be braided across so that the tracks be sewed along the cornrows. I think that is possible and we will try that next time. 



cornrows for weavesprotective styles weaves




I made a huge mistake when I got the weave installed. I got home late that day and went to the salon after 6pm. I just grabbed the extensions and went to the salon. The extensions were in their packs but I bought them over 6 months ago so I really should have washed them and then rinsed with ACV solution. My scalp itched like crazy for the first 3 days even though I applied the Anti-Itch Scalp Soother all through twice a day. I was scratching like crazy and screaming...asking my sisters to take it off. I had to wash my hair by the third night. After washing and drying, I applied the Anti-Itch Scalp Soother and praise my soul it comes in an applicator bottle so applying is really, really easy. Today is the 3rd day since I washed but my scalp still itches. Not as crazily as before though. I still apply to my scalp 2 times a day and apply the SOS hairline to the hairline area as well. 

I'm looking forward to the itch stopping completely because I really would not have time to undo this weave till after 2 weeks as I will be away from home the next 2 weekends. I will continue using the Scalp Soother and SOS Hairline from the range till these weaves come off. I may not need to use the other two for now. I will wash my hair tomorrow and every 3 days as usual.  I totally think that either the weave is irritating my scalp as it's a synthetic weave, or the hairdresser though gentle, has "bad"hands for my scalp. However, I need this Scalp soother to soothe my scalp real soon and for the SOS Hairline to keep my hairline intact. 


What do you do to relieve an itchy scalp after installing a weave? 


Cheers,
Star.

6 comments:

  1. I usually wash it if the itching is terrible. If it isn't too bad, I use the Weave RX spray from ORS or braid spray with itch relief. I hope your itching calms down.

    Don't Touch the Hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah....seems the wash helped. Not as itchy as before.

      Delete
  2. Hello Stella,
    i will like to say your itching may be from the braiding style that the lady used as there is no spacing in-between or also from the braiding hair used for the braids underneath as that is directly touching your scalp. Hmmmm i hope you find relief soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I really look forward to "no itch" soon.....I hope to wear this weave for at least 4 weeks. It's so convenient.

      Delete
  3. My last sew in only lasted a week because the itching was driving me crazy! Like you mentioned, soaking the hair in ACV might help the itching. Soaking the braiding hair would also help. Hope you make your 4 week goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhaahhhhhahaaa....ikr! As at now, the itch has really gone done, I even skipped a wash day just to be sure. But really, washing or rinsing extensions first should not be skipped.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...