Tuesday 22 April 2014

I Relaxed at 6 Weeks Post

Oh my bad.....I didn't update you on that but I was just shuffling to and fro between states in 9ja so I had little time to write. I got back to Ghana yesterday. I got really frustrated with my new growth, and especially my texlaxed middle...I simply had to relax. So, I woke up on Saturday and decided I had had enough. I was just 6 weeks post but my hair was breaking seriously. It was really heart-breaking. No more!




I asked a few friends in Akure to recommend a good hairdresser and I was really glad about the lady I was referred to. I decided to chit-chat a bit first to see if she would do as I pleased with my hair, and she passed! She was totally supportive and understood how important it was to handle the hair with care. 

So, she convinced me enough and I sat in the chair. She was awesome!! The way she parted and combed my hair, from tips to roots, ever carefully. She recommended a relaxer called "Relax" when I showed her the parts I had relaxed previously. She assured me it was gentle but good for coarse hair. I was really impressed when she even showed me how little the hair in the comb was. I got totally comfortable and just relaxed as she applied the relaxer, to new growth only after applying conditioner to the relaxed parts. She used little relaxer per section and didn't smooth with a comb. Only with her fingers. Even after 15 mins, I wasn't sure the relaxer will take so I asked her to smooth with a comb but she refused politely because she said it was one cause of breakage. You should have seen my broad smile!! "I'm taking you to Ghana"!! Finally, I got one good hair day which compensated for all the bad hair days I had during my stay in 9ja. 

After 20 minutes, she washed out and neutralised, shampooed and then conditioned the hair. I had deep conditioned my hair the night before so I didn't feel too bad about missing the mid step protein treatment as she didn't have a protein treatment in her shop. 






Overall, I was very happy with my results. I still have a lil texture but it is very little for now so I will wait a week to see if my hair will revert again or not. I am on a braid out styling regimen since I relaxed on Saturday so I haven't combed my hair since then but I don't see hair all over the floor when I m&s like before. I will wash and deep condition tomorrow as I have the rest of the week as holidays. I will do a henna treatment at the weekend and hope to just enjoy my hair a little while for now. I have lost my edges a bit so I will probably just do braidouts and wear wigs for the next few weeks and see how it goes. I will massage my edges with T444Z everyday from today because I need to regrow them very fast.

Being back home is really great...there really is no place like home. I just can't wait to start using all the hair goodies I couldn't carry along with me. My hair is gonna be sooooooooooooooooo happy again!!


Do you get so frustrated during your relaxer stretches and just give up sometimes? 

Cheers,
Star.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a enjoyment account it.

    Glance advanced to far brought agreeable from
    you! By the way, how can we keep up a correspondence?


    Feel free to surf to my webpage: most effective diet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...