As always, it's exciting when the year ends and the expectations and plans for the new year are always a thrill to think of and make.
I had never been able to put down my plans for the year as far as my hair care routine is concerned but I realised at the latter part of 2014 that where I made a plan and carried it through, my hair turned out better.
I retained a lot of length despite my trims within the year. I had frustrations from transitioning to texlaxed; the shrinkage always gave me the "I'm stuck at the same length" feeling. Now, I have come to embrace it more as I understand it more.
So these are my goals and how I plan to achieve them:
1. I am aiming for Mid Back Length by December 2015. That is my ultimate goal and I plan to continue texlaxing.
2. I will trim my hair 3 times this year. I will trim off no more than 0.5 inches unless extremely necessary.
3. I will install long term protective styles no more than 4 times during the year and keep them in no less than 6 weeks. I will leave 4 weeks between re-installments.
4. I will wash weekly, deep condition weekly and moisturise & seal daily no matter what style I have my hair in. I will dilute my products and use a braid spray when I have braids or weaves.
5. I will massage my scalp and edges with T444Z hair food, JBCO and Groganics head full of hair every 2 days. I will rotate between these topical growth aids.
6. I will make a conscious effort to eat well and drink lots of water. I will take Manetabolism or Groganics vitamins to supplement my diet.
|Source: Google images|
|Source: Google (kibibihair)|
I hope to retain no less than 5 inches this year and hopefully I will reach my length goal with that. I am well stocked for 2015 as far as products are concerned and I will not buy any more products unless I really need them.
What is your hair length goal by December 2015?