A true African from Ghana on a journey to grow my hair as long as possible from Neck Length....!! It is possible to and I'm on a quest to prove it!! Join me in finding hair products available in Ghana and good hair care practices that will help to grow my hair long. Join Me. Desire Long Hair!!
Let the pampering begin!! I'm super -excited and so are the wonderful ladies in the challenge. We just can't stop thinking about how awesome our hair will become by the end of the challenge. Once we can think it, and dream it...and do what we need to do, we will have it!
Most of us have our hair growing all the time, no matter how slow; it still grows. The challenge is how to retain length. The key to retaining length is breakage control. And one practice that a lot of ladies take for granted is the importance of moisturising and sealing. So we'll start from there!
Mega Moisture Mini Challenge
Aim: To keep hair ends moisturised, reduce dryness, brittleness and breakage.
1. Wash hair at least once a week with preferably a sulfate free or low sulfate shampoo.
2. Deep condition after every wash preferably with a mild protein conditioner.
3. Airdry only. No heat.
4. Moisturise with a water-based moisturiser and seal with an oil or cream.
5. Keep ends tucked away always. Buns or Faux bobs are easy low-manipulation styles you can wear.
6. Check in every week by posting your photo preferably of your ends to facebook or instagram using the hashtag #ghpamperyourhair2015.
7. This mini challenge ends on 12th March, 2015.
Hair after moisturising and sealing.
Afroriri Luxe Hair and Scalp Conditioner
Afroriri Luxe Hair Butter
I will use the AfroRiri Luxe Hair Butter and AfroRiri Luxe Hair and Scalp Conditioner. I find that using both products; butter first then conditioner to seal.....my hair feels and looks super moisturised, shiny and soft without feeling limp. Once in a while I will use coconut oil to seal to keep split ends under control.
Check-in: Leave a comment below stating the moisturiser and oil you will use during the challenge.