Tuesday 27 November 2012

Braids Wash Day!



How I wash my hair in braids: 


Step 1: Section hair into 4 parts – This helps with getting products I will use afterwards into my hair easily and helps to prevent tangles and knots from forming. I still do this even with braids for consistency in my regimen.

I section hair into four parts that I will work on, one at a time. I have a lot of new growth there!! It has to be T444Z hair food since that is the only growth aid I have been using for the past week!    


This was how much growth I had the week earlier!! Dramatic!! Unbelievable!!

Step 2: Apply deep conditioner - I apply my deep conditioner section by section and carefully from root to tips of my hair strands. I mix it with coconut oil. I use my protein deep conditioner bi-weekly but use my moisture conditioner every week. I also use my homemade masks instead of store bought ones sometimes. 
I apply my ORS Hair Mayonnaise mixed with coconut oil from root to tips and massage my scalp for 5 mins.


Step 3: Leave deep conditioner on for about 15-20 minutes or more - I always leave it in no less than 1 hour. You need to cover your head with a shower cap to trap in heat and use a hooded dryer if you have one available.

Good old shower cap does the trick! I left it in overnight.

Step 4: Rinse out deep conditioner. Rinse out in sections. Do not gather hair on top of head, or ruffle it anyhow as this can cause knots, tangles, tears and breakage. Handle hair carefully and gently.
Step 5: Shampoo hair - I lather only once when I use a shampoo that has sulphates, but twice when I use a sulphate free shampoo. This is to prevent the chemicals from stripping my hair of its natural oils.
            Step 6: Rinse shampoo out carefully - Do this in sections gently.
Step 7: Add conditioner to hair – Leave on for a few minutes and detangle while rinsing it out. I rinse clean hair with cool water to close the hairs cuticles if I was using warm water earlier. I do an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse every 6 weeks.
  Step 8: Finishing - Dry hair. I use an old T-shirt to dry my hair. I wrap the t-shirt on hair for about 30 minutes to absorb excess water. I section hair into 4, apply leave-ins, moisturiser and seal with coconut or castor oil (coconut oil this time) and leave to air dry. Use a heat protectant if using heat (I do not use heat) and style as desired.

There are more steps when I wash my hair without braids. This is under the Regimen page! Check it out, try it out and see how it works for you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Does all your DC wash off? I'm currently braided (much smaller than yours here), my hair is relaxed but I'm not sure whether I should DC because I dont know if it will all come off on washing. Advise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I make sure to rinse all the DC out properly whether in braids or my relaxed hair. Leaving even a little on may cause buildup because it is thick. I sometimes add some olive or coconut oil to make it creamy like regular conditioner. It does come out easily when rinsed, really. Don't use too much product, a little goes a long way. Cheeers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...