Thursday 29 November 2012

Daily Braid Care

That's a lot of growth in almost 3 weeks!! Hope I can manage to keep this in a little more!



Co-wash: I haven’t shampooed my hair in 3 weeks because I decided to shampoo only once a month until I get a sulphate free shampoo. I co-wash 2-3 times a week with my Silkience Silky Smooth Conditioner. I have my VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner now so I will alternate between the two conditioners weekly for the next week left to keep my braids in (though I’ve been itching to take it out for a week!!). I deep condition with ORS Mayonnaise mixed with coconut oil once a week. I GHE (Green House Effect) on days I do not co-wash. I just hope my hair likes this new “arrangement” and doesn’t get a moisture overload! I love; love, looooooooove co-washing and hope my hair doesn’t hate it!!

Daily Spritz:  I spray my braids every morning with a generous amount of my water, ORS moisturiser, glycerine and castor oil mixture contained in my spray bottle. I make just enough to last 2-3 days at a time. I usually add Aloe Vera Juice when I have some at hand and keep this mix in my fridge to prevent it from going bad. I spray enough to dampen my braids a little.

Moisturise and Seal: I then spray a generous amount of Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 Miracle worker in my palms and rub it all over my braids. I can’t seem to get it to spray from the bottle!!  I rub this on my roots and all over my braids. I then massage my scalp for at least 5 minutes. It keeps my new growth very soft!

Growth Aid: I massage my whole scalp once a week with T444Z Hair Food, and whenever I moisturise and seal. I apply it to my edges everyday because I need my edges to catch up with the rest of my hair. It broke off pretty bad after a bad braid take-out at a salon.....NEVER AGAIN! I also rub my nails together whenever I remember as I read this aids in hair growth.......!! My Biotin expires in December so though I have 2 full cans, I tossed them out (sob sob sob!). Thanks to my friend, Atsufui who bought me 5 cans of 100 capsules when she came for holidays from the UK in April cos I wanted at least a year's supply!! Unfortunately it was ordered online so we couldn't get to check the expiry date!! I got to use it for only 6 months so I guess the time was too short to say anything bad about it. I intend to buy Jamaican Black Castor Oil this weekend since it is now available in Ghana until I can get Biotin again.

I plan to take out my braids on the 8th of December. My birthday and wedding anniversary is a few days later and I wish I didn’t have to do anything to my hair....but I sure can’t go without doing something to make it real nice for the occasion!! I thought of straightening my new growth instead of installing a weave or getting braids but I can’t bear to use heat on my hair since I’m on a No Heat challenge!! DILEMMA...........but this is a special occasion so one heat pass in a whole year shouldn’t hurt!!

Cheers,
Star,

4 comments:

  1. Where can one get JBCO in Accra?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call the distributor on 020 8304396.... Last time i checked, it was 35ghc for 118ml.

      Delete
  2. Where can I get jbco in harare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea about it's availability there....you can google it and see if you come up with some info. from hair bloggers in your country.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...