Tuesday 1 October 2013

Weekend Treat: Hot Oil Treatment

I have heard and read a lot about the benefits of hot oil treatments for hair but never got myself to really do one. I don't say, right? After much feet-dragging, I decided to finally give it a try...and I added a little twist to it.

1. I used mainly coconut oil, added a spoon of black castor oil and amla oil ....and infused it with black tea, chopped onion and ginger for about an hour.
2. I then put it in a saucepan which I placed in another pan with boiling water for about 10 minutes.

hot oil treatment

3. I applied the oil to my scalp with my applicator bottle and massaged for 10 minutes.

4. I applied oil to the length of my hair and made sure it soaked properly.

5. Covered with a plastic bag and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes.
6. Rinsed completely, soaked up excess water with a t-shirt and applied Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner (New: Totally Awesome).
7. Covered with a shower cap, sat under dryer for 10 minutes and rinsed.
8. Wrapped hair in t-shirt for 10 minutes and left hair to airdry.
hot oil treatment


9. Applied leave-in, moisturiser, polisher and sealed with black castor oil. 

RESULTS:
I loved how soft and silky my hair felt throughout this wash process. And the shine was amazing. It's a YES from me. Hot oil treatments are definitely going to be part of my regimen. Just have to come up with a way of incorporating it into my wash regimen. But seriously, do I have a regimen at all? Everything seems to have changed for me....new products, new practices, new recipes, new everything!! I just have to sit down; pen and paper in hand and work out a new regimen as the first one I had seems to have got the kick ages ago....lol!!
              



 And I loooooooooooooove the volume I get when I airdry....hehehheheheehhe!!
Have you tried airdrying your hair without rollers? Results?
Cheers,
Star.

4 comments:

  1. Your hair is so thick, lovely! And you have tons of shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen.........can't wait to get at least thicker BSL by next year. I love looking at pixs of your extremely gorgeous strands and asking; Oh, Lord.....when will I get there?.....lol!

      Delete
  2. Yes i have tried it .Though i have natural hair.It is usually recommended for all hair type as too much heat is not good for the hair. I usually air dry while my hair is in twists.

    Mmmm, i love the way your hair looks, i feel tempted to relax my hair again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhahahhahahhaha.....tempting huh? But I also feel tempted to cut the relaxed ends off and enjoy the coils......lol!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...