Tuesday, 1 October 2013
Weekend Treat: Hot Oil Treatment
I have heard and read a lot about the benefits of hot oil treatments for hair but never got myself to really do one. I don't say, right? After much feet-dragging, I decided to finally give it a try...and I added a little twist to it.
1. I used mainly coconut oil, added a spoon of black castor oil and amla oil ....and infused it with black tea, chopped onion and ginger for about an hour.
2. I then put it in a saucepan which I placed in another pan with boiling water for about 10 minutes.
3. I applied the oil to my scalp with my applicator bottle and massaged for 10 minutes.
4. I applied oil to the length of my hair and made sure it soaked properly.
5. Covered with a plastic bag and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes.
6. Rinsed completely, soaked up excess water with a t-shirt and applied Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner (New: Totally Awesome).
7. Covered with a shower cap, sat under dryer for 10 minutes and rinsed.
8. Wrapped hair in t-shirt for 10 minutes and left hair to airdry.
9. Applied leave-in, moisturiser, polisher and sealed with black castor oil.
I loved how soft and silky my hair felt throughout this wash process. And the shine was amazing. It's a YES from me. Hot oil treatments are definitely going to be part of my regimen. Just have to come up with a way of incorporating it into my wash regimen. But seriously, do I have a regimen at all? Everything seems to have changed for me....new products, new practices, new recipes, new everything!! I just have to sit down; pen and paper in hand and work out a new regimen as the first one I had seems to have got the kick ages ago....lol!!
And I loooooooooooooove the volume I get when I airdry....hehehheheheehhe!!
Have you tried airdrying your hair without rollers? Results?