Monday 10 December 2012

Real Queens Regimen and Green House Effect

 It’s my birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay and my hubby’s too!! I’m super happy to be alive and well. And I’m soooooo happy the elections also ended peacefully!! I’m in such a good mood ....hahhahahhahahaha!! Enough of that!!....let’s talk about our hair. 

Got my braids out...finally!! It was such a smooth process and I didn’t lose a lot of hair during the detangling process. I followed a procedure I had never used before and I was amazed!! I soaked my hair in braids with my V05 conditioner, left it on my head covered in a shower cap for 1 hour. I then undid the braids with the tail of my comb gently. The braids had so much so slip it was easy to undo them. Once a couple of braids were completely undone, I twisted them together and added some more conditioner. The whole process took a little over 3 hours mainly because I was doing little chores, babysitting, and watching the elections on TV in-between

I then continued with my normal wash routine and detangled in the shower with my big comb. It was such a breeze!! So easy, no stress. No knots, no breakage. Just a little shedding (which was normal since I hadn’t combed my hair in a month).

I later went to the salon to get my hair straightened (haven’t used heat in 6 months) after it had dried because the new growth was too puffed up. It didn’t lay the way I had hoped so I got my hair in bantu knots for the night. Got some nice curls this morning!!
Now to the Real Queens Regimen and the Greenhouse Effect hair care method I know is working for MY hair. This is what I got from the site of the lady who was using this method for her hair.

This was her progress in one year with this method!! AMAZING!

REAL QUEENS REGIMEN
  •       Wash hair once a month with 100% natural shampoo
  •       Deep condition as needed with 100% natural conditioner
  •       Blot hair dry with a t-shirt (it's more gentle on the hair than a towel)
  •       Do the green house effect at least twice a week or as often as you'd like (the more the better)
  •       Dust ends every 1-2 months (this is optional, but highly recommended)
  •       For best results wear protective or low manipulation hairstyles
  •       Try to avoid using heat - air dry instead of blow drying
  •       If you flat iron your hair, only do it once a month
  •       Be gentle with your hair - don't comb and brush so often
  •       Try to not use products with chemicals in them because they produce the wrong kind of build-up which will force you to shampoo more frequently - use natural products/oils
  •       Eat right and drink lots of water

GREEN HOUSE EFFECT
  •        On damp or dry hair apply a generous amount of JBCO or EVOO throughout your hair (or however much you can tolerate) making sure to coat the ends in the oil to create a protective barrier against pollution, fabrics, dryness etc.
  •       This regimen works well with various protective hairstyles such as bantu knot outs and braid outs, so once you’ve oiled your hair you can prep it accordingly depending on how you plan to style it the next day.
  •       Place shower cap or plastic bag over your hair to lock in the moisture from your scalps natural oils and heat from your head. This creates a green house, steam effect during your sleep which is the best time for your hair growth in this case.
  •       Place a head tie/scarf over your head & shower cap making sure that it’s nice and snug; for best results also wear a winter hat over your scarf to help produce more heat.
    In the morning you may find that your hair is a bit damp from the moisture the steam effect created.
  •       You can either blow dry it on cool setting, let it air dry a bit (about 15 mins) before styling, or go ahead and style it while it’s still damp and let it dry as the day progresses.
* If you don't really care for the JBCO smell, you should definitely try the Shea Oil with Mango & Papaya. It will make your hair smell amazing or you can simply use EVOO from your local grocery store, it's much cheaper!

GOOD FOODS FOR YOUR HAIR
  •      Protein: liver, brewer's yeast, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu.
  •      Iron: liver, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, raisins.
  •      B Vitamins: eggs, meat, poultry.
  •      Essential Fatty Acids: walnuts, canola oil, fish, soy.
  •      Vitamin E: avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil.
  •       Sulfur: meats, fish, nuts, legumes, vegetables (especially onions).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...