Saturday 3 August 2013

End of 6 Month Challenges

Our 6 month hair challenges have finally ended.......pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew....*wiping sweat*... but I'm sure all the hard work y'all put in finally paid off BIG TIME!! All the massaging, dampening, spraying, moisturising, oiling, ..........oh, oh.....and all the plastic bags and shower caps y'all had to stock and keep handy!! Hhahahhahahaha......You should see the plastic bag collection I have!! All sorts and sizes; none escaped my hands.

The challenges were the Green House Effect (GHE) and Castor Oil Challenges. For the GHE, any natural oil of choice was permitted but the use of castor oil was encouraged for those who were taking both challenges. The challenges were aimed at the following;

                   1. Enhancing growth rate                                 2. Restoring moisture to dry hair

                   3. Reducing breakage                                      4. Reduce dandruff and scalp itch      

                   5. Eliminate bacteria and fungi from the scalp  

I'm dancing "Azonto" again......and I don't do this dance unless I'm really, really happy about something. YESSSSSSSSSSS....I achieved all the above benefits for my hair. I retained so much length and gained so much thickness. I relaxed in March and am currently 21 weeks post with a lot of new growth....probably about 3 inches when stretched. I have thicker but manageable new growth. I have far less breakage than ever in my life. My hair is not as dry and brittle as before. I have retained more length even during stretches where I have to deal with 2 textures. No dandruff at all and no prolonged scalp itch when I have braids. 


With new growth this much, 

new growth

And thickness this much,



I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NEXT RELAXER DAY RESULTS.......
Shoulder length relaxed hair

TO SEE IF I REACH MY ARMPIT LENGTH GOAL BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!!


Have you ever reached a hair length goal ahead of time?

Cheers,
Star.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm even excited for you. I also can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful!!! hair treatment and it had been rescued from dangerous threats.can you pls elaborate your treatments...

    healthy hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anitha, i always say keep it simply, Shampoo hair once a week with sulfate free shampoo, pre-shampoo before washing, shampoo with sulfate once a month, deep condition once a week, co-wash when needed, Air dry hair always, use heat at most once a month. Cover hair before bed. Protective ends 99%, less manipulation. My sis if u keep to this u will be good.

      Delete
  3. Anitha, i always say keep it simply, Shampoo hair once a week with sulfate free shampoo, pre-shampoo before washing, shampoo with sulfate once a month, deep condition once a week, co-wash when needed, Air dry hair always, use heat at most once a month. Cover hair before bed. Protective ends 99%, less manipulation. My sis if u keep to this u will be good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...