Sunday 1 December 2013

Inversion Challenge Results!

It was all joy and enthusiasm when I begun the Inversion challenge with my friends last week but as the days rolled by, I got bored with the routine and missed 2 days!! Those 2 days, I barely massaged and inverted my head the full time duration. I always thought I could do anything for an extra inch....yeah, right....I gotta be kidding myself!! This is one of the easiest things I could have done to get a whole inch. I couldn't stick to this simple challenge religiously.That makes me unhappy and I look forward to really do it in full next month. You bet, I'm going to do it every month since I didn't have any scary encounter. Not even dizziness.

But I am absolutely happy with my results. Here are my pictures after 7 days of inverting my head for 4 mins after oiling and massaging a few minutes. I warmed the grapeseed oil up in a hot bath a few times. It was really soothing on the scalp. The massage was relaxing and I missed those days when I used to massage my scalp everyday.

  inversion for hair growth

inversion for hair growth

inversion for hair growth

Measuring as best as I could with a paper which was cut out 1 inch wide, I see and feel new growth which is more than 1/2 inch under a lot of my braids when stretched. Could be more if stretched totally but  my hair is in braids, and I'm in no mood to undo a braid in order to measure and redo it. 

What I intend to do is to try and keep these braids in for at least 2 months. I do hope I get 2 inches of growth by the time I undo my braids. I will continue to test this theory more consistently for as long as I can. Hopefully, I will have the chance to do it with my hair loose in the future and do it for the full 7 days massaging for 4 minutes and inverting my head for 4 minutes. 



how to wash braidsI also washed my braids today. Though I usually wash my hair twice a week whenever in braids, I decided not to wash during the week of inversion and boy; am I glad it's over so I can wash as often as I want. My hair grows faster when it is adequately moisturised so I will do the green house effect at least 3 times a week from now on as I don't like to use too much product in my hair when in braids to prevent buildup. I will also continue to spritz my hair every morning with my homemade moisturising mix. I need my 1 inch in 4 weeks.....lol!

So, after doing the inversion for a week, I believe it does work....if not for a full inch, at least it gives you more than average hair growth in just 1 week!! Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, my 2014 regimen is under construction and I'm definitely adding Inversion every month to it!

Did you join in our challenge? Please share your results.

Cheers,
Star.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you left your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...