A true African from Ghana on a journey to grow my hair as long as possible from Neck Length....!! It is possible to and I'm on a quest to prove it!! Join me in finding hair products available in Ghana and good hair care practices that will help to grow my hair long. Join Me. Desire Long Hair!!
Been away from home for a while and haven't been doing much with my hair except for bunning and gheing every night. I'm time constrained and will not have time to do wash a till I get back home on Friday. I realised that with the ghe, sometimes the hair is damp in the morning......very damp! But if left free, it dries quite well in about 30 minutes but when really in a hurry, I just style it into a sock bun. Wet bunning is really a great styling option!!
Now, I have used the past few days to make plans for the rest of the year. I have learnt a lot of virtues so this hair journey is really a total improvement of my life first, and then my hair. I'm more patient, consistent, content, eat healthier and show deep appreciation for life and all the good gifts God has given me. I feel healthier and happier! And most of all, I make plans.....everyday plans to improve myself physically and spiritually. How a simple hair journey can teach me so much in such a short time.
More than ever, I'm convinced this is a race I am surely going to run till I drop...(dead....lol!!) I'm definitely thinking of doing a longer stretch again since I have not regretted my 6 month stretch!!
FINAL DECISION : I'M EMBARKING ON A 9 MONTH STRETCH!!
Relaxer day : 31st December, 2013!!
What I did and will continue doing with my hair from March 2013 - December 2013!!
1. I will do my own hair 90% of the time. I will only go to my salon to get braids and relaxers which is altogether going to be about 4-5 times in the year.
2. I will only comb my hair with wide tooth combs twice a week on wash days!! (Won't be easy)!
3. I will continue to care for my hair no matter what protective style I am wearing! Have to choose styles more carefully taking my hair care regimen into consideration as I need to reach my scalp everyday!
4. I will not use heat in my hair!! No curling irons, no flat irons, no blowdryers!! Will explore wet styling, bunning, twist outs, bantu knots, rollersetting, flexi rods and airdrying. Will use a hooded dryer when extremely necessary.
5. Will deep condition weekly and alternate between natural recipes and store bought products. To avoid harsh products, I will always remember to check out the ingredients of products on stalls before I put them in my shopping cart!! (VERY IMPORTANT)
6. I will ghe every day and will only trim my hair when necessary. I intend to trim MYSELF using the search and destroy method.
7. I will continue to massage my scalp with oils every day and rub my nails for growth everyday!! I have stopped inversion for now but will begin again in July.
8. I will always protect my hair from my clothes, harsh weather by using a silk scarf anytime I'm at home and always at bedtime.
9. I will eat more fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and start exercising twice a week (but not until later in the year...sometime July...lol!!). I will continue to take my Vitabiotics Pre-natal vitamin and Omega-3 supplement everyday.
10. I WILL MEDITATE, READ MY BIBLE AND PRAY MORE! This has been my new practice to make use of the time between shampooing and airdrying. Sometimes it takes up to 1 hour "waiting" time on a wash day. That gives me an extra 2 hours or more a week to do the God-Daughter chit-chat!!
Looking forward to health and thickness!! Hope length comes with it!!
Plans made!! Nothing left out .......... Tools on board, (more) products on board, HEART, SOUL and GOD on board......yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!