|Yes, been checking and checking and checking ....yet to get the magnifying glasses though....lol!|
- I don't comb my hair with small combs, only wide tooth combs.
- I do styles that do not need combing everyday and do not expose my hair often...mainly braids, buns, and bantu knots.
- When I braid, I make sure the braids are not too tight and small, usually bigger than the circumference of a pencil.
- I wash my hair twice a week with conditioner. Even when I have braids, cornrows or weaves.
- I don't use heat at all. No flat irons, no blow dryers, no curling combs; even no hooded dryer. I only use a hooded dryer when I go to the stylist, which has been only 2 times in the past 6 months. I rollerset and airdry, or just airdry with a scarf.
- I relax and trim my hair less often....2 to 3 times a year. Will try to reduce to 2 times or less. I however trim whenever my hair needs a trim.
- I sleep with a silk scarf every night and cover my hair with my scarf anytime I am indoors.
- I take care of MY hair MYSELF. This way, I am sure not to mistreat it.....lol!!
- Moisturise my ends with a water based moisturiser. I have a spray bottle mix containing water, glycerin, moisturisers and aloe vera gel. I use this whenever my hair is in a protective style.
- Seal my ends with a 100% virgin, pure or unrefined oil.
- Massage my scalp and rub my fingernails together briskly twice daily for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Style my hair in braids, buns, or bantu knots.
- Do the green house effect every night.
- Take my vitamin supplements, eat fruits and vegetables and drink at least 3 litres of water.
- Cowash twice on Wednesday and Saturday or Sunday.
- Deep condition with homemade recipes or store bought products. I alternate between my 3 deep conditioners.
- Shampoo with a sulfate shampoo since I don't shampoo wash often. Just to feel the clean...lol!!
- Do an overnight hot oil treatment.
- Do an apple cider vinegar rinse.
|We all do, don't we?|
|I have a dream..........Soon and very soon!|